eVACUATE will yield a holistic system:
1.To provide a valuable tool to guarantee total Situation-Awareness both to the crowds involved during a crisis but also to the crews operating in situ as well as in remote locations (security crews, first responders, crisis managers)
2. To adapt dynamically evacuation plans to current conditions
3. To provide a clear, easy to use (visual, multi-lingual) set of safe evacuation instructions for citizens/tourist/visitors, available over a multitude of alternative and complementary presentation channels under a resilient, reliable and robust way regardless of the functionality of the “global network”
4. To set-up visible demonstrations of innovative Crowd Evacuation Support Systems in realistic situations
5. To support civil protection authorities in the formation and validation of proper safety procedures for crowd management ( Reconstruction of Experiences)
6. To set a cornerstone for the standardization of equipment, processes and methodologies for evacuation purposes on a EU level addressing the cross-cultural issues emerging from diversity imposed by citizens.
INNOVATION - TECHNOLOGICAL COMPONENTS
Innovative Multi-scale behaviour recognition techniques
- Micro-scale and Macro-scale behaviour recognition modelling
- Hyper-spectral imaging and surveillance,
- Innovative Deep learning and intelligence frameworks
3D common operational Pictures & Interactive Simulations:
- 2D /3D content visualization
- Inspection Tools supporting cutting planes, CSG operators, etc.
- Scenario editor (visual creation of scenarios)
- Seamless interactive multi-scale visualization of heterogeneous massive datasets
Innovative Advanced Strategic Spatial Evacuation simulation tools:
- combining leading crowd movement and evacuation algorithms, predictive software, feedback on future crowd congestion and optimum route choices based on the current system set-up and gathered real-time data.
Smart Spaces, sensing and communication:
- Sensing elements: Cameras (either Wi-Fi or wired ones), Wireless Sensor Networks (e.g. multi-magnitude sensors: Temp, Smoke, vibration, sound-microphones), Autonomous wireless sensors that are easy to deploy and maintain self-healing, self-configurable, etc. Cell phones as ‘people’ sensors.
- Actuating Elements: The elements and means to guide the crowd out of the risk situation. Will be active, already in place or requiring installation in order to answer a crisis situation (again self-configurable set of actuating elements).
- RFIDs and printing: realization of a novel roll-to-roll printed RFID s on paper with extremely low cost, to enable apps. where conventional RFID concepts do not allow the use for cost reasons
Advanced Integrated Situation Awareness System (SAS) including:
- Comprehensive incident information in an organized fashion during all phases of the incident
- Management, communication, assignment and monitoring tasks for a wide variety of incidents performed by users
- Multi-level security on how and if sensitive information will be shared
- Interactive map with labelling capability
- Seamless information flow to all channels (operators, responders, crowd)
- Intelligent Information Management solutions
Resilient and robust Communication Technologies:
- Wireless and wired communication Networks
- Ad-hoc Networks
- Cellular / Wireless Crisis Networks
- PAN Networks (Bluetooth, ZigBee, RF, 802.11, etc.)
- Overlay Virtual Network (OVN)